This document was last revised 12th December 2011.
Treatment of Personal Information
We collect and store a wide variety of information you submit to onvert or give us in the other ways described below. Some is personal information, some is not.
- What Is "Personally Identifiable Information" (or PII)? Information that identifies you, such as your name, email address or image, or that can be used to identify you when combined with other information, is "personally identifiable information."
- When Do We Ask for PII?
- If you choose to register to use the Site, we may collect your name, email address, and date of birth during the registration process.
- onvert may ask you for other PII from time to time, such as contact information (like your mailing address and phone number), or demographic information (like your postal/zip code or region, hometown, gender, or education level). We may ask for this information from you in order for you to use the Site beyond just browsing.
- What Isn't Personal Information? Information we can gather from your visit that doesn't identify you personally, like your IP address, your operating system, your browser type and language, the date and time of your visit, as well as information about your ISP, referring URL, the search term that led you to the Site, your geographic region, the type of content you view, etc. We may do this by assigning your computer one or more cookies which may collect information about how you use Onvert; we may use standard Internet tools, such web beacons or cookies, which collect non-PII and track your use of our website.
- Do I Have A Choice? While you're not required to provide PII to visit the Site, many of our features may not be available to you if you choose not to create an account with us or, at other times, not to provide requested information.
How We Use That Information
- Use of PII
There are some circumstances when we will share with trusted partners and others:
- With your permission, onvert may share personal information with third parties so you can receive products, services, and information you have requested.
- To trusted partners who work on our behalf to deliver the onvert services or with whom we have close commercial contacts, however these companies do not have any independent right to share this information.
- With other companies within our corporate family.
- Onvert may disclose your contact information: (a) when we are legally required to do so; (b) to protect the interests or safety of onvert or Site users; (c) to another company if we are bought, or if we discontinue operations.
- Onvert will not sell your personal information to any group, company or organization at any time.
- Your Email Address Onvert will use your email address to contact you to manage your account. Unless you tell us not to, onvert may also: send you marketing and promotional materials regarding onvert and its features; and send you marketing and promotional materials that promote third party products, including from affiliates, third parties and trusted partners.
- Unsubscribing from Emails If you don't want to get emails from us (except related to customer service or account issues), simply click the "unsubscribe" link in any of the emails you receive.
- Analytics Companies We may provide some non-personal information to others who help us understand how you use the Site.
- Cookies We use both HTTP (or HTML) cookies and Flash cookies to collect non personal information, help smooth the upload process, remember you on future visits, better understand how users engage with the Site so we can enhance the user experience, and maintain volume on video playback. Most browsers accept HTTP cookies automatically, but allow you to disable them. You can manage Flash cookies with a tool found on Adobe's web site. However, if you disable cookies on your browser, you will not be able to log in to the Site.
Public Areas, Social Networking
There are some things you may choose to do on or by accessing the Site which may be public. Here are some examples:
- Public Comments. Your comments may be seen by others. If you submit any personal or PII in a comment, other people who visit the Site may see it.
- Connecting With Social Media If you link your onvert account to or sign in to your account through third-party social networking sites, such as Facebook, or third-party social media plug-ins and applications, you are allowing us to have access to both PII and non-PII from your social media profile. That PII may be publicly viewed and may possibly be used by other members of these sites.
- Ad Postings. The Site may feature ads, including ads served by others to our Site. These advertisers and ad servers may place or utilize their own unique cookies, pixels or web beacons, and may collect non-PII about your visit to the Site, such as your IP address and the number of times you have viewed the ad. onvert is not responsible for the collection of these cookies and is not responsible for what the ad service providers do with the information they collect.
Is There Anything Else I Need to Know?
- 14 and Up. If you are under the age of 14, we're sorry, but you can't register at the Site. However, onvert will never knowingly collect personal information from children under the age of 14.
While onvert has security measures to help protect the information under our control, no data transmission over the Internet or any wireless network can be guaranteed to be 100% secure.
- Onvert tries to protect your personal information and ensure the security of your communications on our systems. However, we cannot ensure or warrant that any information you transmit to us will stay safe and secure and you do so at your own risk.
- Your information may be stored in whole or in part on equipment or in facilities leased or licensed from others. Although onvert tries to keep your information safe, it relies on the statements of those vendors regarding the safety and security of their storage equipment and services as part of its evaluation. By using the Site, you agree that onvert is not responsible if the storage equipment and services provided by others aren't working like they are supposed to, and that you will have to seek any remedies from those providers, not onvert.