This document was last revised 12th December 2011.
("onvert" or "we" or "us"). It is really important that you understand what information we can
collect when you visit the Site either from a computer or a mobile device and what we may do
the collection of data from applications on mobile devices when visiting the Site.
Treatment of Personal Information
We collect and store a wide variety of information you submit to onvert or give us in the other
ways described below. Some is personal information, some is not.
- What Is "Personally Identifiable Information" (or PII)?
Information that identifies you, such as your name, email address or image, or that can be used to
identify you when combined with other information, is "personally identifiable information."
- When Do We Ask for PII?
- If you choose to register to use the Site, we may collect your name, email address, and
date of birth during the registration process.
- onvert may ask you for other PII from time to time, such as contact information (like
your mailing address and phone number), or demographic information (like your postal/zip
code or region, hometown, gender, or education level). We may ask for this information
from you in order for you to use the Site beyond just browsing.
- What Isn't Personal Information?
Information we can gather from your visit that doesn't identify you personally, like your IP address,
your operating system, your browser type and language, the date and time of your visit, as well as
information about your ISP, referring URL, the search term that led you to the Site, your geographic
region, the type of content you view, etc. We may do this by assigning your computer one or more
cookies which may collect information about how you use Onvert; we may use standard Internet tools,
such web beacons or cookies, which collect non-PII and track your use of our website.
- Do I Have A Choice?
While you're not required to provide PII to visit the Site, many of our features may not be available
to you if you choose not to create an account with us or, at other times, not to provide requested
How We Use That Information
- Use of PII
There are some circumstances when we will share with trusted partners and others:
- With your permission, onvert may share personal information with third parties so you can
receive products, services, and information you have requested.
- To trusted partners who work on our behalf to deliver the onvert services or with whom we
have close commercial contacts, however these companies do not have any independent right to
share this information.
- With other companies within our corporate family.
- Onvert may disclose your contact information: (a) when we are legally required to do so;
(b) to protect the interests or safety of onvert or Site users; (c) to another company if
we are bought, or if we discontinue operations.
- Onvert will not sell your personal information to any group, company or organization at
- Your Email Address Onvert will use your email address to contact you to manage
your account. Unless you tell us not to, onvert may also: send you marketing and promotional materials
regarding onvert and its features; and send you marketing and promotional materials that promote third
party products, including from affiliates, third parties and trusted partners.
- Unsubscribing from Emails If you don't want to get emails from us (except related
to customer service or account issues), simply click the "unsubscribe" link in any of the emails you
- Analytics Companies We may provide some non-personal information to others who
help us understand how you use the Site.
- Cookies We use both HTTP (or HTML) cookies and Flash cookies to collect non
personal information, help smooth the upload process, remember you on future visits, better understand
how users engage with the Site so we can enhance the user experience, and maintain volume on video
playback. Most browsers accept HTTP cookies automatically, but allow you to disable them. You can
manage Flash cookies with a tool found on
Adobe's web site.
However, if you disable cookies on your browser, you will not be able to log in to the Site.
Public Areas, Social Networking
There are some things you may choose to do on or by accessing the Site which may be public. Here are
- Public Postings. Photographs and content which you submit for use on public areas
on onvert are considered public information and may be copied or further distributed by others in
accordance with the
in public areas, other people who visit the Site may see it.
- Public Comments. Your comments may be seen by others. If you submit any personal or
PII in a comment, other people who visit the Site may see it.
- Connecting With Social Media If you link your onvert account to or sign in to your
account through third-party social networking sites, such as Facebook, or third-party social media
plug-ins and applications, you are allowing us to have access to both PII and non-PII from your
social media profile. That PII may be publicly viewed and may possibly be used by other members of
Site contains links to or integrations with other sites, whose information practices may be different
than ours. Before you click through to another site, you should read that site's privacy notice, since
we have no control over information that is submitted to, or collected by other sites.
- Ad Postings. The Site may feature ads, including ads served by others to our Site.
These advertisers and ad servers may place or utilize their own unique cookies, pixels or web beacons,
and may collect non-PII about your visit to the Site, such as your IP address and the number of times
you have viewed the ad. onvert is not responsible for the collection of these cookies and is not
responsible for what the ad service providers do with the information they collect.
Is There Anything Else I Need to Know?
- Non-UK Users. Your information may be stored in the United Kingdom, United States
or other countries where the data protection and other laws may not be as comprehensive as those in your
country (especially for users in the EEA). By using this site you consent to your information being
- 14 and Up. If you are under the age of 14, we're sorry, but you can't register at
the Site. However, onvert will never knowingly collect personal information from children under the age
the Site when there are material changes in the way we treat PII. You should periodically check back and
with whom we share it.
While onvert has security measures to help protect the information under our control, no data transmission
over the Internet or any wireless network can be guaranteed to be 100% secure.
- Onvert tries to protect your personal information and ensure the security of your communications on our
systems. However, we cannot ensure or warrant that any information you transmit to us will stay safe and
secure and you do so at your own risk.
- Your information may be stored in whole or in part on equipment or in facilities leased or licensed
from others. Although onvert tries to keep your information safe, it relies on the statements of those
vendors regarding the safety and security of their storage equipment and services as part of its evaluation.
By using the Site, you agree that onvert is not responsible if the storage equipment and services provided
by others aren't working like they are supposed to, and that you will have to seek any remedies from
those providers, not onvert.